Below is a summary of US family history collections released or updated by the major genealogy databases in the last four weeks. (The previous summary list was published on 23 February – see blogpost).
My regular summaries are designed to help family historians whose Irish ancestors emigrated, temporarily or permanently, to the United States.
By default, they should also be useful to anyone carrying out research in the US, regardless of the origin of their ancestors.
The figures in parenthesis in the New Collections section are the numbers of records or images in each new record set, if provided by the database.
Unless otherwise stated, the figures in parenthesis in the Updated Collections section reflect the number of records added to the collection in the recent update, if a number has been clearly noted by the supplier, and the revised total. I do not include updates of fewer than 1,000 records.
New York City Municipal Archives
- U.S., World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942 (new total 14,501,913)
- Utah, Federal Naturalization Records, 1906-1930
- USA Atlantic Ports Arriving and Departing Passenger and Crew Lists, 1820-1959
- Texas, Arriving and Departing Passenger and Crew Lists, 1893-1963
- Delaware, Federal Naturalization Records, 1802-1944
- New Hampshire, State and Federal Naturalization Records, 1832-1995
- Indiana, Birth Certificates, 1907-1940
- Florida, Arriving and Departing Passenger and Crew Lists, 1898-1963
- California, LA, Angelus-Rosedale Cem/Crem Records, 1884-2002 (1,593 / 355,929)
- US States Bureau of Land Management Tract Books, 1800-c1955 (104,145 / 687,026)
- Virginia, Vital Records, 1715-1901 (5,108 / 75,649)
- Kansas State Census, 1925 (9,496 / 1,842,575)
- Massachusetts, Boston Tax Records, 1822-1918 (1,227,234 / 10,086,792)
- New Jersey, Death Index, 1901-03; 1916-29 (3,580 / 751,571)
- United States City & Business Directories, c1749–c1990 (22,357,070 / 63,206,461)
- Virginia, County Marriage Records, 1771-1989 (1,366 / 795,942)
Some of the above content contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a small commission if you buy via these links. This does not affect the price you pay as a consumer, but it does contribute to keeping Irish Genealogy News online. See Advertising Disclosure tab above.