Below is a summary of new and updated family history record collections for England, Scotland and Wales released by the major genealogy databases over the last two weeks (see previous summary, 23 February).
My regular summary of releases and updates relating to British collections is designed
to help family historians whose Irish ancestors migrated, temporarily or
permanently, to England, Scotland or Wales.
By default, it will also be useful
to anyone carrying out research in those three nations, regardless of the origin
of their ancestors.
The figures in parenthesis in the New Collections section
are the numbers of records/images in the new record set.
stated, the figures in parenthesis in the Updated Collections section reflect
the number of records added to the collection in the recent update. In some
instances, the supplier has not made this figure available. Where two figures are given, the first is the number of additions, the second is the new total.
Please note that I don’t usually include updates of fewer than 1,000 records.
BritishNewspaperArchive, shared with FindMyPast (total 48,825,218 pages)
- New titles in main collection ($£€)
- Essex, England, Church of England Births and Baptisms, 1813-1921 (4,072,316)
- Essex, England, Church of England Marriages, 1754-1937 (2,003,102)
- Essex, England, Church of England Deaths and Burials, 1813-1996 (730,465)
- incolnshire, Marriage Bonds and Allegations, 1574-1885 (6,272/107,067)
- Middlesex Parish Registers, 1539-1988 (180,442 / 5,688,964)
- Northumberland Non-Conformist Church Records, 1613-1920 (8,213/365,611)
Families In British India Society FIBIS
- The Home Missionary Society of India (HMSI)
- Ranchi Area Churches and Cemeteries
- Bengal Pres, Dera Ismail Khan Cemetery
- St Stephens CNI Cemetery, Bandra, Bombay
- Mahabaleshwar Christian Cemetery
- Jhansi Lychgate Cemetery
- Katchehari Cemetery Civil Lines, Kanpur
- Lal Kurti Christian Cemetery, Kanpur
- Subedar Ka Talab Cemetery, Kanpur
Society of Genealogists
- Suffolk, Denham burials 1539-1850
- Buckinghamshire, Weston Underwood RC register c.1791-1887
- Cheshire, Heswall burials 1559-1729
- Lancashire, The Church of St James Didsbury burials Part II, 1561-1757
- Berkshire, Upton Parish 1588-1741
- Kent, Staplehurst Parish Registers 1596-1695
- Cornwall, Madron Parish Register 1577-1726
Some of the above content contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a small commission if you buy via these links. This does not affect the price you pay as a consumer, but it does contribute to keeping Irish Genealogy News online. See Advertising Disclosure tab above.