[email protected] (Claire Santry, Irish Genealogy News), 2022-06-14 10:09:00,
Below is a summary of newly released and updated family history record collections for England, Scotland and Wales from the major genealogy databases over the last three weeks or so (for previous summary, see 20 May blogpost).
My regular summary of releases and updates relating to British collections is designed
to help family historians whose Irish ancestors migrated, temporarily or
permanently, to England, Scotland or Wales.
By default, it will also be useful
to anyone carrying out research in those three nations, regardless of the origin
of their ancestors.
The figures in parenthesis in the New Collections section
are the numbers of records/images in the new record set.
stated, the figures in parenthesis in the Updated Collections section reflect
the number of records added to the collection in the recent update. In some
instances, the supplier has not made this figure available. Where two figures are given, the first is the number of additions, the second is the new total.
Please note that I don’t usually include updates of fewer than 1,000 records.
- Westminster, England, Militia Records, 1779-1815 (3,374)
- Edinburgh, Scotland, Extent Rolls, 1580-1847 (714,184)
- Web: Scotland, National War Memorial Index, 1914-1945 (206,489)
BritishNewspaperArchive and FindMyPast (total pages 53,614,305). New titles $£€ collection:
- City Of York Trade Directories 1781-1955 16 trade directories (720,000)
- British Army, Recommendations For Military Honours and Awards 1935-1990 (79,248)
- South Africa, Local Armed Forces Nominal Rolls, 1899-1902 (53,416)
- England, Newspaper Birth Notices(204,576)
- England, Newspaper Marriage Notices (681,852)
- England, Newspaper Death Notices (1,827,488)
To read the original article, go to Click here