[email protected] (Claire Santry, Irish Genealogy News), 2022-08-05 04:26:00,
Below is a 10-day summary of newly-released and updated family history record collections for England, Scotland and Wales from the major genealogy databases. It’s been a busy time. (Previous summary, 26 July.)
My regular summary of releases and updates relating to British collections is designed
to help family historians whose Irish ancestors migrated, temporarily or
permanently, to England, Scotland or Wales.
By default, it will also be useful
to anyone carrying out research in those three nations, regardless of the origin
of their ancestors.
The figures in parenthesis in the New Collections section
are the numbers of records/images in the new record set.
stated, the figures in parenthesis in the Updated Collections section reflect
the number of records added to the collection in the recent update. In some
instances, the supplier has not made this figure available. Where two figures are given, the first is the number of additions, the second is the new total.
Please note that I don’t usually include updates of fewer than 1,000 records.
- UK, Royal Naval Volunteer Reserve Service Records, 1903-1922 (59,221)
- York, Yorkshire, CoE Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1812 (1,629,646)
- York, Yorkshire, England, Church of England Births and Baptisms, 1813-1920 (1,105,422)
- York, Yorkshire, England, Church of England Marriages, 1754-1936 (621,551)
- York, Yorkshire, England, Church of England Deaths and Burials, 1813-1995 (251,658)
BritishNewspaperArchive (£££ subscription); shared with FindMyPast Ultimate and Pro subs
Friends of Hartwood Paupers Cemetery
- Database now online Details of the patients and staff from Hartwood Asylumn (North Lanarkshire, Scotland) buried 1895-1952. (1255)
- England, Gloucestershire Non-Conformist Church Records, 1642-1996 (24,215 / 202429)
- England, Lincolnshire, Marriage Bonds and Allegations, 1574-1885 (135,981)
- England, Derbyshire, Church of England Parish Registers, 1537-1918 (2,953,523)
- Middlesex CoE Baptisms (18,000) New Brentford 1813-1876, Tottenham 1813-1884, Edmonton 1802-1842
- Surrey CoE Baptisms (23,000) Lambeth, Stockwell, St Mary Magdalene Bermondsey, Walworth, 1777-1876
- Greater London Burial Index (8,000) Ealing, 1813-1868
Railway Work, Life & Death (RWLD)
Some of the above content contains affiliate links. This means I may earn a small commission if you buy via these links. This does not…
To read the original article, go to Click here