DNA Fingerprinting|Genetics|Biology |

FuseSchool What is DNA fingerprinting or DNA profiling

? Leicester University geneticist Alec Jeffreys established a strategy called DNA fingerprinting in 1985. It enables DNA samples from various people to be compared to search for resemblances and distinctions. It works for solving criminal offenses and can likewise confirm if individuals belong to each other, like in paternity testing. Any 2 individuals worldwide have 99.9% of their DNA the same, so this procedure analyses the differences in the remaining 0.1%.

This modern innovation is called DNA profiling.

CREDITS Animation & Style: Waldi Apollis Narrative: Dale Bennett Script: Bethan Parry & Helen Stamp SUPPORT US ON PATREON https://www.patreon.com/fuseschool REGISTER FOR the FuseSchool YouTube channel for much more instructional videos. Our teachers and animators come together to laugh at & easy-to-understand videos in Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Maths & ICT.

VISIT us at www.fuseschool.org, where all of our videos are carefully arranged into subjects and specific orders, and to see what else we have on offer. Remark, like and show other students. You can both ask and respond to concerns, and instructors will return to you.

These videos can be used in a turned classroom design or as a revision help.

Discover all of our Chemistry videos here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW0gavSzhMlReKGMVfUt6YuNQsO0bqSMV Find all of our Biology videos here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW0gavSzhMlQYSpKryVcEr3ERup5SxHl0 Discover all of our Physics videos here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW0gavSzhMlTWm6Sr5uN2Uv5TXHiZUq8b Find all of our Maths videos here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLW0gavSzhMlTKBNbHH5u1SNnsrOaacKLu Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fuseschool/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fuseschool/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/fuseSchool Gain access to a much deeper Knowing Experience in the FuseSchool platform and app: www.fuseschool.org Follow us: http://www.youtube.com/fuseschool Befriend us: http://www.facebook.com/fuseschool This is an Open Educational Resource. If you would like to use the video, please call us: [email protected] Source